Friday, January 5, 2007

Waiting to leave

Okay... so originally I was being fairly patient and wasn't in a huge rush for Tuesday to come... then it snowed. I cannot believe how disgustingly cold and wet Vancouver has become and I really can't take it anymore. I think Nat and Amy feel the same way. My room is mostly packed up.. my bag is almost there. I'm tying up all the loose ends and I am ready to leave... NOW! So far the plan is flexible... we arrive in Hong Kong on Wednesday evening (we lose a day during travel). This will be my first trip back to Hong Kong in 10 years (since the 1997 handover). We've only got three nights there before ferrying to Macau (an ex-Portuguese colony on the China coast). After one night there we will be flying to Bangkok and the rest of the journey is an open road (sorry for the bad pun). We will probably head North to do some trekking. The flight to HK is going to be brutal... 14 hours. Yuck. At least we are all on the same flight. I've got my MP3 loaded to the max with tunes for the journey. I'm stoked.

No comments: